Hannon Library is happy to now offer patrons a way to submit Billing Appeal forms online through our website.
Patrons that believe they have been charged a fine or fee in error may submit an appeal to Circulation Services. Charges may be upheld, reduced, or waived depending on approval.
Please note that the following reasons are generally NOT regarded as valid for waiving or reducing charges:
- forgetting or not knowing due dates, amount of fines, or library policy
- disagreeing with fee structure or library policy
- loaning items to a third party
- being too busy or out of town
- needing items for longer than the loan period
- not receiving or not reading a courtesy overdue reminder
- transportation problems
Access the new Billing Appeal form on the library’s website under the Services / Circulation Services menu.